Our 2023 Showcase of the Starz events are scheduled for Sunday June 4th, 2023.
Scottish Rite Temple Kansas City
1330 Linwood Blvd, Kansas City MO 64109
Showcase is our opportunity to present the growth, joy and excellence we cultivate throughout our season! It’s their time to SHINE!
For Recreational Class Routine Details, CLICK HERE
- All outstanding balances must be paid in full before you purchase your tickets!
- Starz does not charge a “recital fee”. By allowing our families to purchase tickets by the seat, you do not pay additional fees for something you do not want.
- We will be offering a “bundle” package of tickets, t-shirts and other items again this year. Watch for details in February newsletters. Bundle orders will be due in on April 6th, 2023 (no exceptions).
- Bundles are included for All Inclusive customers, but you will need to submit a photo and get your forms in by the 4/6 due date.
- Tickets cost for Showcase 2023 are $14 if purchased in the bundle, otherwise they are $16 each. General tickets sales will begin starting
April 30th, time TBA. Tickets are non-refundable..
- Seating at this year’s event will NOT be reserved, but rather general admission only. We do not anticipate the 1300 seat theater being more than half full at any given time so there will be PLENTY of room and great seats for all attendees.
- We do NOT recommend attendance for anyone with underlying health conditions, and wheelchair access should be coordinated with us in advance please.
- Dad’s involved in Father Daughter routines will need a ticket for their own Showcase admission.
- All Inclusive Bundle forms can submitted at the desk or online here: COMING SOON
- Customers who are NOT all inclusive should use this bundle form: COMING SOON
- All costumes information and details will be presented with Showcase announcements in December, and in subsequent watch-week dates.
- Costumes will be distributed during April Watch week held April 3-6th, 2023.
- Recreational class Pictures & Dress Rehearsal will be held Saturday June 3rd, 2023. This is a mandatory event for all participants. It will only be 1-hour for each class. Details TBA in April.
- Students should not be allowed to wear their costumes until the performances, except for pictures. We cannot replace costumes or tights that have been damaged. Please make sure tap shoes have elastic instead of laces.
- Performers should wear light eye shadow, blush, and lipstick so as not to appear “faceless” under the bright stage lights. Makeup should be worn for pictures, dress rehearsals, and the performances. Please, no body or hair glitter. For additional suggestions/help please watch the video how-to above.
- At Showcase we suggest you bring your dancer with hair/makeup done and costumes in hand. Arrive no later than 30-min prior to your event. We will provide a changing room in the lower level of the venue for you to help your dancer get ready. There will be a separate room for the Dad’s to use for father daughter changes.
- Use the Program order to determine when your dancer will perform. They need to be downstairs in our holding area FIVE ROUTINES prior to their own. If your dancer is performing in the first 5-routines of the event please bring them down before the start of our Show. The holding area will be a small arrangement of chairs, viewable & located on the audience RIGHT of the stage. The dancers will sit here with their teacher or assistant until it’s time to line up and perform.
- Upon the conclusion of their routine, they performers will assemble on the audience LEFT holding area. Parents will simply come down and collect your child, then take them back up to watch the show with your family. If you have a 2nd routine (example father daughter), please follow these same steps for changing and have your dancer back to our holding area 5-routines prior to their second dance.
- FAST CHANGES may utilize the “red room” which is just off stage left. This area is also designated for our competition students dressing space and will be quite full. However, for fast changes it’s the best choice.
- Please use performance etiquette. Minimize conversations and stay seated while there are routines on stage. Make any entrances and exits from your seats BETWEEN routines.
- Students will sit with their parents before and after their individual performances.
FATHER DAUGHTER ROUTINES:
- FATHER DAUGHTER ROUTINES: Video of the choreography to be sent approx 4/29/23. In-person rehearsal held & pictures held Saturday 5/20/22.
★Our Father Daughter routines are a highlight of our Showcase Performances. These are lighthearted, fun and very simple character routines in which our students have an opportunity to dance with the man in their lives (uncles, grandfathers, friends etc. will work too!). This is a terrific opportunity for Dad’s to make some memories with their child!
★Costuming will be detailed prior to your first rehearsal and is usually something we ask you to get on your own.
★The routines will be taught via a Youtube link/video. Participation is open to all students, only one child per “dad” please. Dads with more than one child should sign up for a separate routine with each child. Come join the fun!!
★Registration will open on 5/29/22 via a google form. There is a one-time $15.00 fee per couple to participate. This fee is non-refundable and due at sign ups.
- Dads WILL need a ticket for our Showcase events please.
- Dancers for these routines may participate in ANY or ALL THREE Acts of the Showcase. Simply come on down and be ready to go 5-routines before you’re to go on.
OTHER SHOWCASE DETAILS:
- Bundle orders for Tshirts, Flowers, and Programs will be available for pick up in the lobby area the day of Showcase.
- Students should arrive at Showcase ½ hour prior to their scheduled start times.
- A professional videographer will tape the performances, you will be provided a link to these recordings approx 8-weeks after the Showcase.
- Photographs taken of our routines/dancers will also be available approx 4-6 weeks after the events. Pictures must be picked up at Starz, please watch for that those dates to be announced via email.
- All classes for our current session will end as of May 25th, 2023
OUR STARZ REALLY KNOW HOW TO SHINE! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!