September Recreational Class Newsletter
To register for text messages pertaining to studio closings for weather or other events CLICK HERE
TEXT REMINDERS!: Receive text alerts when there are studio closing or important reminders with the Remind App. Simply follow the link to register above. It’s best to download the app when you sign up.
Our website is a great resource for keeping up with studio happenings: www.StarzDanceStudio.com
You can also follow us on Social Media:
Instagram – instagram.com/StarzDanceStudio
Facebook – www.facebook.com/StarzDanceStudio
Recreational families should also find our private FB group and request to join. http://www.facebook.com/groups/673143203421632/
IMPORTANT Tuition payments details: Your tuition withdrawals will deduct from your account on file on the 7th day of each month unless you specifically set up a different date or arrangements. This date setting can be adjusted by logging in to your account online, find the “billing & payments” tab, and the “e-payment settings”, then change it to your preferences. You may also choose to submit your tuition in person but please note; payments must be received by the 14th day of the month. If payment is not received, any unpaid tuition/fees will be billed to the account we have on file on the 15th. There is a 20% service fee for late submission.
WATCH WEEK INFORMATION
Parents are welcome & encouraged to sit inside the classrooms and receive our newsletters for the 1st lesson of both September & October. The next watch weeks will be held the first week of: December, February, and April. During regular weeks, parents are welcome to watch through the viewing windows but please know that we hold your child’s attention and accomplish much more learning with them when they are not overwhelmed or distracted. Watch week for Rising or Elite level competition classes will be clarified via direct email.
Dress Code Requirements:
• Dance Attire & Shoes: ALL students should wear dance attire for their classes. Any style is fine, and tights are optional. Shoe requirements depend on the type of class you are enrolled in. Most dance classes will need black tap shoes and pink ballet shoes. Tumblers will need white acro shoes. Hip Hop classes will need tennis shoes. If your dancer has not yet been sized for their all-inclusive shoes this season, please stop by the desk asap.
• Hairstyles: Female dancers & tumblers should wear long hair in a ponytail or styled away from their face.
PARKING: Our parking lot becomes quite congested during busy evening hours. We suggest arriving about 5 minutes early and allow the previous classes to exit before finding your space. Our classes are dismissed 5 min early in order to help with this transition, but we do apologize in advance for any inconvenience! You can park in the North alley by Starz but do not park on Salem or you will be ticketed by the Oak Grove Police. We appreciate your patience with this!
NEW! Theatrical Class Help your child learn what it takes to audition & perform in Musicals, and prepare for our local choir & color guard programs! The class is offered on Thursday evenings 7:30-8:25 this fall. Please stop at the desk if interested!
• PARADES! We have 2 optional parades on our schedule this fall. Grain Valley 9/9/23, and OG Homecoming 10/13/23. If your child would like to participate please refer to the parade handout. A parade outfit is required, and a permission slip is due by 9/12 in order to join the OG event. Hope to see you there!
• SAVE THE DATE!! HALLOWEEN DANCE PARTY!! 10/21/23, 6-7:30pm. Watch for more info to come!
• AND…Wear your Costumes to class! Join us in the fun by wearing any old dance or Halloween costume, OR create a new one! During class Oct 24-30th.
• CLOSED 10/31 for Halloween. Have a safe and fun evening. Please feel free to make-up this cancellation with any other class we offer. Stop at the desk if you would like suggestions.
• Bring-A-Friend week will be held 11/6-11/9. We will have special invites to distribute soon.
Thought for the Month: What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. Zig Ziglar
THANK YOU for your support! Contact me anytime! StarzOakGrove@gmail.com