- The studio calendar year runs from September to May
- Most communication is sent via email; please keep a current email address on file in the office!
- The primary dance session is held over a nine-month period.
- Summer sessions begin mid-June and is 8-weeks.
- A student may join at any time from September through January if there is space available.
- The studio will be closed for major holidays and school vacations. We currently follow the Oak Grove School District Calendar found here.
Refunds and Credits
- Registration Fees are non-refundable.
- Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal commitments. You are welcome to make-up any class missed.
- Starz Studio of Performing Arts reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration and a full refund will be given.
- When student sustains an injury that does not permit them to participate over an extended period of time a credit or refund will be issued.
- If a very young student is not ready to participate in a class after several visits, a refund of tuition will be given.
Payments and Balances
- Direct withdrawal from your checking or saving account is available and encouraged.
- Primary session tuition (Sept-May) is due by the 14th of each month and is payable by check, credit/debit card, or via automatic withdrawal from a bank account. Cash payments are discouraged.
- Summer session tuition is due in-full prior to the first class. Payment for the entire 8-week summer session must be paid prior to the first class.
- When making a payment by check, please include the dancer’s first and last name/s in the memo of your check, so we may credit the proper account.
- If customer chooses to pay by monthly check or cash, additional security will be required in the form of; a valid credit or bank account number with your authorization for use if your tuition payment becomes past due.
- There is a $25 fee for all checks and withdrawals that are returned unpaid.
- Any account unpaid after the (14) fourteenth of the month will have late charges assessed for 20% of the total monthly tuition.
- You WILL NOT be receiving a statement from our office for your monthly tuition. You may check your account online at any time.
- If at any time you would like a printed statement of your account you may request one.
- Overdue Balances Only: Backup accounts will be charged on the 16th and if rejected, a 20% fee will be assessed as well.
- Any student with an overdue balance of more than 45 days will not be allowed into class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
- Withdrawals from class MUST be done in person within the first 7-days of the month for the FOLLOWING month’s lesson (example: 10/1 withdrawal would be valid by 11/1) or your account will continue to be charged. NO partial (1/2 month) refunds are offered and dropping without notification will result in continued charges toward your credit card on file until the withdrawal form is submitted appropriately.
- We like to maintain a relatively small class to allow students more individual instruction, our current student/teacher ratio is: 11:2.
- A minimum number of students are required to hold a class.
- Should a class not meet its minimum enrollment, we will do our best to provide an alternative and workable solution.
Dance Attire Requirements
- For the safety and proper instruction of our students we require specific styles and types of shoes.
- Specific requirements for your class selection are available upon inquiry and/or upon registration.
- We offer both new and lightly used shoes for sale.
- Please call the studio (816.690.7771) to notify us of your absence from classes
- Students may make up any class missed in any appropriate class of their choice within two (2) months of their absence from their regularly scheduled class.
- Please see the front desk staff can offer suggestions for specific make-up day’s and times. Starz does not offer credits or refunds for absences. Please call the office to schedule make-up classes.
- Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal vacations.
Annual Showcase of the Starz
- Showcase of the Starz is our annual recital usually held in early June. These performances are the highlight of our school year and provide an opportunity for our students to demonstrate their skills in an fun and professional setting.
- All fall session students participate in this exciting event.
- Costume and shoe requirements for Showcase are the teacher’s choice and are based on the routine type. These requirements are announced in early December.
- Measurements and costume ordering takes place in December.
- Payment for costumes is split into two halves with due dates in December and February.
- Ask to see our DVD’s and photos of previous recitals.
- Students MUST wait inside the building to be picked up.
- No student is permitted to leave the building without an adult.
- All students should use the restroom prior to the class start time.
- Please try to keep the lobby as quiet and clean as possible.
- Please do not interrupt the teachers while classes are in session.
- Please visit the front desk for all concerns or you if you would like please email us at Cari@StarzDanceStudio.com.
- Starz Studio of Performing Arts is in no way responsible for unsupervised children.
- Please call the studio (816.690.7771) and the voice mail will have a recorded message that will announce studio closings in case of inclement weather.
- Studio closings will be posted on our website, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and when possible, you will receive an email.
- We will hold classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions, use discretion.
- If Starz Studio of Performing Arts cancels a class, students will be responsible for arranging their own make-up classes at a time that is convenient for them. In the event of multiple cancellations, make-up classes will be scheduled during school vacations. No credit will be given for snow cancellations; however, students are always welcome to take make-up classes for any missed class at their regular times.