- The primary studio calendar year runs from September to May — for a total of 9-months.
- Most communication is sent via email and can always be found in the parent portal; please keep a current email address on file in the office.
- Summer sessions begin mid-June and are 8-weeks.
- A student may join at any time from September through January — if there is space available.
- The studio will be closed for major holidays and school vacations. We currently follow the Oak Grove School District Calendar found here.
- Parking is available in the studio parking lot. You may also park on the road north of the building.
- Please DO NOT park on Salem or you will be ticketed and towed at your expense.
- Parking can be tricky during “Watch Weeks” — please be cautious of a busy parking lot.
Parents are welcome & encouraged to observe during the following times of the year — September, October, December, February, and April.
- We like to maintain a relatively small class to allow students more individual instruction, our current student/teacher ratio is 11:2.
- A minimum number of students are required to hold a class.
- Should a class not meet its minimum enrollment, we will do our best to provide an alternative and workable solution.
Students are expected to attend all classes. Frequent absences hold back other students in the class. We reserve the right to dismiss any student whose attendance, attitude or conduct is found unsatisfactory. Children not in class (siblings, etc) need to be under parental supervision at all times.
- Please call the studio (816.690.7771) to notify us of your absence from classes
- Students may make up any class missed in any appropriate class of their choice within two (2) months of their absence from their regularly scheduled class.
- Please see the front desk staff can offer suggestions for specific makeup day’s and times. Starz does not offer credits or refunds for absences. Please call the studio to schedule make-up classes.
- Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal vacations.
All students should use the restroom prior to the class start time.
Cell Phone Policy
No cell phones or computers may be used during class time. (This includes texting).
Starz Studio of Performing Arts reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach the class. In the event that we cannot offer an appropriate substitute, the class may be canceled and rescheduled.
- Students MUST wait inside the building to be picked up.
- No student is permitted to leave the building without an adult.
- Please try to keep the lobby as quiet and clean as possible.
- Do not interrupt the teachers while classes are in session.
- Please visit the front desk for all concerns or you if you would like please email us at Cari@StarzDanceStudio.com.
- Starz Studio of Performing Arts is in no way responsible for unsupervised children.
Food & Drink
Only water in a closed container is allowed in the studios. No food, drinks or gum. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase in the main lobby. Please be sure to clean up after yourself.
Lost & Found
Please put your name on ALL belongings. Items left at the studio will be placed in the Lost & Found bin located by the front door. Please check for lost belongings frequently, as it is cleaned out at the end of each month. Leftover items are donated to charity.
Dance Attire & Hair Requirements
- Long hair must be tied back in a pony tail for all classes and in a bun for ballet or at the request of the teacher.
- Jeans, jean shorts, play clothes, or school clothes are not suitable to dance attire.
- Remember loose or dangling jewelry and costumes other than proper dance skirts are a safety hazard and distraction for dancers and are not allowed.
- Tights are optional in most classes with the exception of ballet. In ballet, pink tights are requested and are available at the front desk.
- New shoe orders are placed once a month (maybe twice) — There is a 50% deposit at the time of shoe orders
- Shoes normally arrive within 2 weeks, once the order has been placed
- We do have a selection of used & sometimes new shoes available for purchase at the studio desk. Be sure to ask to see the selection.
Local Dance Retailers
Online Dance Retailers
Refunds and Credits
- Registration Fees are non-refundable.
- Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, snow days, or personal commitments. You are welcome to make-up any class missed.
- Starz Studio of Performing Arts reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient registration and a full refund will be given.
- When student sustains an injury that does not permit them to participate over an extended period of time a credit or refund will be issued.
- If a very young student is not ready to participate in a class after several visits, a refund of tuition will be given.
Payments and Balances
- Direct withdrawal from your checking or saving account is available and encouraged.
- Primary session tuition (Sept-May) is due by the 14th of each month and is payable by check, credit/debit card, or via automatic withdrawal from a bank account. Cash payments are discouraged.
- Summer session tuition is due in full prior to the first class. Payment for the entire 8-week summer session must be paid prior to the first class.
- When making a payment by check, please include the dancer’s first and last name/s in the memo of your check, so we may credit the proper account.
- If a customer chooses to pay by monthly check or cash, additional security will be required in the form of; a valid credit/debit card or bank account number with your authorization for use should your tuition payment become past due.
- There is a $25 fee for all checks and withdrawals that are returned unpaid.
- Any account unpaid after the (14) fourteenth of the month will have late charges assessed for 20% of the total monthly tuition.
- Overdue Balances Only: Backup accounts will be charged on the 16th and if rejected, a 20% fee will be assessed as well.
- You WILL NOT be receiving a statement from our office for your monthly tuition. You may check your account online at any time via the parent portal.
- If at any time you would like a printed statement of your account you may request one via email to Cari@StarzDanceStudio.com.
- Any student with an overdue balance of more than 45 days will not be allowed into class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
- Withdrawals from class MUST be done in person within the first 7-days of the month for the FOLLOWING month’s lesson (example: 10/1 withdrawal would be valid by 11/1) or your account will continue to be charged. NO partial (1/2 month) refunds are offered and dropping without notification will result in continued charges toward your credit card on file until the withdrawal form is submitted appropriately.
Annual Showcase of the Starz
- Showcase of the Starz is our annual recital usually held in early June. These performances are the highlight of our school year and provide an opportunity for our students to demonstrate their skills in a fun and professional setting.
- All fall session students participate in this exciting event.
- Costume and shoe requirements for Showcase are the teacher’s choice and are based on the routine type. Announcements are usually made in early December.
- Measurements and costume ordering takes place in December.
- Payment for costumes is split into two halves with due dates in December and February.
- Ask to see our DVD’s and photos of previous recitals.
Inclement Weather Cancellations
- Please call the studio (816.690.7771) and the voice mail will have a recorded message that will announce studio closings in case of inclement weather.
- Studio closings will be posted on our website, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and when possible, you will receive an email.
- We will hold classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions, use discretion.
- If Starz Studio of Performing Arts cancels a class, students will be responsible for arranging their own makeup classes at a time that is convenient for them. In the event of multiple cancellations, make-up classes will be scheduled during school vacations. No credit will be given for snow cancellations; however, students are always welcome to take makeup classes for any missed class at their regular times.