SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
TEXT REMINDERS!: Receive text alerts when there are studio closing or important reminders. You can find those instructions at www.remind.com/join/recprogrm
Our website is a great resource for keeping up with studio happenings: www.StarzDanceStudio.com
You can also follow us on Social Media:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/StarzDanceStudio
Twitter – twitter.com/StarzDance
Instagram – instagram.com/StarzDanceStudio
Need a reminder of your class day/time, or any other scheduling questions? These can be found under the “my student” or “my classes” tab of your online account. To access your account and check class schedule, login to your Customer Portal online. Our desk staff will be happy to show you how!
IMPORTANT Tuition payments details: Your tuition payments will be charged to the account you’ve listed on file on the 7th day of each month unless you specifically set up a different date or arrangements. This date setting can be adjusted by logging in to your account online, find the “my account” tab, and change it to your preferences. You may also choose to pay monthly in person or online. If you choose to pay in-person – payment must be received by the 14th day of the month. If payment is not received, any unpaid tuition/fees will be billed to the account we have on file on the 15th. In the event the payment is rejected, a 20% service fee (of the total balance) will be applied.
WATCH WEEK INFORMATION: Parents are welcome & encouraged to sit inside the classrooms and receive our newsletters for the 1st lesson of both September & October. The next watch weeks will be held the first week of: December, February, and April. During regular weeks, parents are welcome to watch through the viewing windows but please know that we hold your child’s attention and accomplish much more learning with them when they are not overwhelmed or distracted. Watch week for Troupe classes will be held on this same schedule but on the 2nd lesson of each month.
Dress Code Requirements:
- Dance Attire: ALL Starz students should wear solid colored dance attire. Any style is fine and tights are optional, PLEASE no prints or stripes.
- Hairstyles: Female dancers and tumblers should wear long hair in a pony- tail or similarly styled away from their face for each lesson.
- Shoes: Shoe requirements depend on the type of class you are enrolled in.
- Most dance classes will need black tap shoes and pink ballet shoes. Tumblers will need white acro shoes. Hip Hop classes will need socks and tennis shoes. Starz sells both new and slightly used shoes on site (See the front desk). If you’re unsure what’s needed, check with the front desk.
PARKING: Our parking lot becomes quite congested during busy evening hours. We suggest arriving about 5 minutes early and allow the previous classes to exit before finding your space. Our classes are dismissed 5 min early in order to help with this transition but we do apologize in advance for any inconvenience! You can park in the North alley by Starz but do not park on Salem or you will be ticketed by the Oak Grove Police (not Starz). We appreciate your patience with this!
- Parades! Join us for our parades on 9/9 & 9/15. Complete details are on the parade handout. Here
- SAVE THE DATE! Join us for our next Free Dance Event!! Tentatively Saturday 10/14/17. More info announced with October newsletters.
- NEW! Wear an old Costume week: We’ll be re-living all our oldie but goodie routines. Join us in the fun by wearing any old dance costume, OR create one of your own! During class Oct 23-29th.
THANK YOU for your support! Contact me anytime! Cari@starzdancestudio.com