Showcase of the Starz 2017
Save the Date:
June 3-4th, 2017
Showcase of the Starz 2017 – “FIESTA!!”
June 3-4th, 2017 – William Chrisman H.S. (In Independence)
Act I – Saturday June 3rd, 1pm dress rehearsal AND Sunday June 4th, 1pm Performance
Act II – Saturday June 3rd, 6pm dress rehearsal AND Sunday June 4th, 6pm Performance.
We will split our classes into two separate shows, each class having one dress rehearsal, and one performance. The shows will be approximately 1.5 hours in length
(All solos except our graduating Seniors will perform between the two performances this year.)
A Performance list, showing which classes are in each “Act” is now posted on the bulletin board at Starz.
- Students will be measured for their costumes during December’s watch week. A $35.00 deposit per costume is due by December 8th. Costume balances are due February 9th. A $10.00 service fee will be assessed on all unpaid costume balances after this date.
- Costumes will be disbursed during April’s watch week. Expect your costumes to have a few details you must attend to (i.e. sewing on straps, attaching bows, etc.) One student from each class will model the costume so that parents may see what needs to be done.
- Picture week will be held May 1-4th, 2017. Students should not be allowed to wear their costumes until the performances, except for picture week. We cannot replace costumes or tights that have been damaged. Please make sure tap shoes have elastic instead of laces.
- Performers should wear light eye shadow, blush, and lipstick so as not to appear “faceless” under the bright stage lights. Makeup should be worn for pictures, dress rehearsals, and the performances. Please, no body or hair glitter.
FATHER DAUGHTER ROUTINES: Tentative rehearsals dates are April 29th, May 6th, & May 13th (pictures)
- Our Father Daughter routines are a highlight of our Showcase Performances. These are lighthearted, fun and very simple character routines in which our students will have an opportunity to dance with the man in their lives (uncles, grandfathers, friends etc. will work too!). This is a terrific opportunity for Dad’s to share some invaluable bonding time with their child!
- 3 weekend afternoon rehearsals will be held for each routine. Participation is open to all students, only one child per “dad” please. Dads with more than one child should sign up for a separate routine with each child. Rehearsal dates will be confirmed in future newsletters. Come join the fun!!
- SIGN UP’S for Father Daughter routines will begin on Sunday March 19th 2016, from 2-4pm. Cost for participation is $8.00 per couple. This fee is non-refundable and DUE at sign up’s.
- Costume requirements will be minimal, typically a specific color of shirt/shorts etc., announced at your first rehearsal.
SHOWCASE TICKETS: . All outstanding balances must be paid in full before you purchase your tickets!
- Starz does not charge a “recital fee”. By allowing our families to purchase tickets by the seat, you do not pay additional fees for something you do not want.
- We will be offering a “bundle” package of tickets, t-shirts and other items again this year. Watch for details in February newsletters. Bundle orders will be due in on April 10th, 2016 (no exceptions).
- Showcase bundle form – CLICK HERE FOR THE 2017 BUNDLE FORM
- Tickets for Showcase 2017 are $10.00 each when ordered in the bundle, or $12 if ordered individually. Bundle orders will be due by April 9th, general tickets sales will begin starting May 6th during our regular evening hours. Tickets are non-refundable.
- All seating for the performances is assigned. The earlier you purchase tickets, the nearer to the front you will sit. Please also note that all volunteer parents will have the first opportunity to purchase their seats, then bundle orders, then general sales.
- Dad’s involved in Father Daughter routines will need a ticket for their own Showcase admission.
- Special passes are also required for admittance into dress rehearsal for 2017 events. These will be distributed when your tickets are purchased.
OTHER SHOWCASE DETAILS:
- Classes will have professional photographs taken May 1-4th, 2017. Purchase of pictures is optional; however we ask that all students participate in the group photos. Most of the photographs ordered during picture week will be available for pick up, at the Showcase performances.
- A Back Stage Volunteers SIGN UP’S will be posted Sunday March 19th Starting at 2pm. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and two free tickets. A Back Stage Volunteers meeting is tentatively scheduled for Friday evening, April 28th at 6:30p.m. Volunteers will receive their free tickets, and may purchase up to 10 more (12 total). Volunteers will draw numbers upon arrival at the meeting and tickets will be sold in that order following the meeting.
- All regular classes will end as of May 25th, 2017.
Showcase Performance Schedule: (Students should arrive ½ – 1 hour prior to their start times.)
Act I – Sat. June 3rd, 1pm dress rehearsal AND Sun. June 4th, 1pm Performance.
Act II – Sat. June 3rd, 6pm dress rehearsal AND Sun. June 4th, 6pm Performance
- Videotaping will be allowed during dress rehearsal only!! No tri-pods will be allowed. ABSOLUTELY NO VIDEO TAPING OR PHOTOGRAPHY will be allowed during the Showcase Performances. A professional videographer will tape the performances. This video will be available for order at the show. Cost TBA.
- At the dress rehearsal and show, parents will drop children off in your designated class area in the dressing room. Back stage volunteers will supervise students at all times. In order to avoid heavy traffic and noise back stage, we request that parents do not come back to the dressing area after they have dropped their children off, (except Tiny Twinklers). Thank you.
- Students may sit with their classes and watch during DRESS REHEARSAL ONLY!! Only one parent should accompany students to the dress rehearsal!
- NO students in the theater during the performances! Students must remain back stage at all times, and may leave only when their parents come get them. Students may not leave the dressing area without adult supervision.
- Students should remain at the performances until they conclude. The final group routine of the show is a full cast, ending bow. Performers should be dressed in their final costume, and back on stage for this bow.
Please don’t hesitate to call the studio at 690-7771, or Carissa at 690-4380 with any additional questions.
Or check out this and all other Starz info on our website at www.StarzDanceStudio.com
OUR STARZ REALLY KNOW HOW TO SHINE! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!