National Acrobatic Competitions
The National Acrobatic Competitions (NAC) will provide an opportunity for any Tumbling/Acrobatic students enrolled at Starz to enter compulsory style competition or “meets” with their tumbling skills. These are floor routines ONLY, no apparatus or gymnastic equipment other than mats. It is open to ALL students who can execute at least a forward and backward roll as well as a cartwheel.
NAC is a GREAT opportunity for the students to enhance their overall tumbling abilities and to be challenged to work toward increasing their skill level. It is open to ANY Starz student who follows the guidelines listed below:
- Students MUST be enrolled in a recreational tumbling class at Starz and attend these classes on a regular basis. It will not be permissible for tumbling students to attend only the NAC rehearsals; they must be involved in both regular classes and attend NAC rehearsals in order to participate with Starz in any of the NAC events. Regular classes will work on specific skills, while NAC rehearsals are intended to learn & polish their compulsory routines.
- Students must participate in at least TWO of the four regional NAC meets in order to be a part of the Starz NAC team. Participation in the championship meet will be optional.
- Students will be required to purchase a team leotard and tumbling shoes. The team leo’s are high quality, custom made leotards. We hope to use the same style as last season. Approximate cost will be $80 per student, which does not include optional rhinestone trim. Tumbling shoes may be purchased at Starz for $20.
- All registration and fees for NAC meets must be paid in full by the due dates or the students will NOT be permitted to participate. NO exceptions and NO refunds. All fees are payable to Starz Studio.
- Students MUST attend the SATURDAY NAC rehearsals at STARZ at least the two consecutive lessons prior to the meets they select to enter. For example; the first meet is Nov. 1st so the tumbler must attend at least both rehearsals prior. We WILL hold rehearsal the morning of all meet dates as they typically do not begin until after lunchtime.
- We expect our NAC team members to represent Starz to the best of their abilities by practicing, preparing and committing to doing their best at all times. The teachers and directors intend for this program to be both enjoyable and fun filled. However, discipline is a large part of making it successful. Our students’ must be respectful of each other and focused on improving. The students attitudes are expected to reflect that dedication at all times.
MORE INFO COMING SOON!
Preschool ( Ages 6 & Younger)
Pass 1) Forward roll to stand. Forward roll, straddle roll to sit (pike position). Touch toes and roll back to candlestick position (toes pointed to ceiling) hold for three seconds, roll up to stand. Cartwheel.
Pass 2) Pike forward roll to lay flat on mat. Push up to backbend and hold for three seconds. Lay flat, pull toes up to candlestick position, roll up to stand position. Cartwheel, turn, cartwheel.
Pass 1) Pike forward roll, straddle roll to stand. Forward Roll. Cartwheel, chasse cartwheel.
Pass 2) Forward roll to straddle sit, straddle stretch laying stomach flat on mat (hold for 3 seconds). Bring legs together and lay flat on mat, push up to backbend and hold for 3 seconds. Lay flat on mat, bring legs to candlestick position and roll up to stand. Cartwheel, cartwheel, bring legs together. Pick backward roll.
Pass 3) Kick to handstand touching feet at top, run cartwheel.
Pass 1) Cartwheel, 1 hand cartwheel, chasse Cartwheel, backward pike roll.
Pass 2) Handstand backbend (hold 1 leg up for 3 seconds), lay flat on mat, pull legs up to candlestick position, roll up to stand. Forward roll straddle roll to 1 knee, knee turn bringing knees together, straddle thru back pike roll.
Pass 3) Handstand forward roll. Run round-off, rebound.
Pass 1) Handstand forward roll, straddle roll, dive roll. Handstand backbend, inside out, straddle through back pike roll, back pike roll.
Pass 2) Pike forward roll to sit (pike position), turn to right or left to show splits. Bring legs back together to pike position, candle stick to straddle roll to knee, cartwheel from knee turn, bad side hand cartwheel.
Pass 3) Handstand backbend kick over, chasse 1 hand cartwheel.
Pass 1) Handstand roll, straddle roll, straddle to handstand roll. Handstand 1⁄2 pirouette, back walkover.
Pass 2) Chasse round off hop turn 1 hand cartwheel. Handstand pike down to knees. Pop up to pike position leaving hands on floor, back pike roll, straddle through back pike roll.
Pass 3) Front walkover stopping with foot pointed at ceiling. Put foot on floor, pull up. Chasse 1 hand cartwheel, chasse round-off rebound.
Pass 1) Handstand roll, tuck to handstand roll, straddle to handstand roll. Front walkover to immediate (bad side) cartwheel not touching front foot.
Pass 2) Handstand 1/2 pirouette, back walkover to handstand pike down to knees, pop up to pike with hands staying on floor, back pike roll, straddle thru back extension roll pike down.
Pass 3) Cartwheel to immediate back walkover not toughing front foot, Turn, step hop round-off rebound.
Pass 1) Chasse front walkover, chasse round off straddle jump. Back extension roll pike down, back extension roll walk out.
Pass 2) Handstand roll, pike up to handstand front walkover out, tick tock, handstand 1/2 pirouette pike down, back extension roll. Switch leg back walkover.
Pass 3) Handstand 1⁄2 pirouette pike down, Straddle to handstand 1⁄2 pirouette step out. Run front handspring (must land in straight position).
Pass 1) Round off back handspring rebound, back walkover step out to back immediate back handspring walkout, back walkover to handstand, front walkover out.
Pass 2) Chasse round off hop turn front walkover, tick tock to handstand roll out, straddle up to handstand 1⁄2 pirouette, standing back handspring.
Pass 3) Handstand full pirouette. Chasse round off back handspring walkout.
Pass 1) Chasse front walkover to immediate chasse round off back handspring rebound.
Pass 2) Scale (hold for 5 seconds) free roll to 1 knee. From knee handstand full pirouette. One hand front walkover, swing leg thru to switch leg front walkover. Cartwheel back handspring walkout.
Pass 3) Run round off back handspring, back handspring walk out.
Additional info on Levels 8 & above is available upon request.